Temporary Medical Condition Checklist
- Follow your doctor’s orders and comply with treatment.
- Get absence notes and written medical information (e.g. condition, symptoms, restrictions, recommendations, duration, etc.)
- Contact Student Health Center – 919-515-2563 – to investigate on campus medical services.
Do you need assistance with parking or travel?
- All Wolfline buses have lifts, http://www2.acs.ncsu.edu/trans/wolfline/index.html
- Contact Wolfpack Pick Up to request a ride around main campus. See: https://wolfpackpickup.dasa.ncsu.edu/
- Contact NC State Transportation Office to apply for an access parking permit. On-line application available at: http://www2.acs.ncsu.edu/trans/parking/permits.html, go to Admin Services I Building, or call 919-515-8032.
- Contact NC DMV to apply for “Handicapped Placard”. http://www.ncdot.org/dmv/vehicle_services/licenseplates/handicapped.html
- Contact Accessible Raleigh Transportation at 919-890-3459 for off campus assistance if you cannot drive or use city bus system
- More information about local accessible transportation is available at https://dso.dasa.ncsu.edu/transportation-and-physical-access
Do you need information about campus accessibility, are you traveling by wheelchair or with crutches, do you need help with physical barriers?
- NC State University Mobility Access Map is available at: https://dso.dasa.ncsu.edu/transportation-and-physical-access/
- NCSU Libraries access information is available at: http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/disabilityservices
- Contact campus Facility Liaisons if elevators, doors, lift, etc. are not working. See: http://www.ncsu.edu/facilities/building_info/liaison/index.htm
Are you experiencing personal, academic, or vocational problems?
- Contact NC State Counseling Center for counseling support, assessment, consultation, etc. – 919-515-2423.
Are you concerned about safety or evacuation in case of an emergency?
- Contact the NC State University Deputy Fire Marshal, Kristen M. Boggs at email@example.com if you have questions or concerns about campus evacuation.
Are you living in an NC State residence hall and concerned about your current limitations?
- Contact your Resident Advisor (RA) to notify housing and to get housing assistance. http://www.ncsu.edu/housing/
- Room changes due to health issues can be discussed with the Housing Assignments Office (919-515-2440).
Do you need help with food or meals?
- Contact Dining Hall to request assistance navigating the serving line.
- Contact your Resident Advisor (RA) if you cannot get food from the dining hall. http://www.ncsu.edu/housing/
Are you having difficulty getting to your classes, participating, or completing your assignments or tests?
- Contact Course Instructors regarding your medical condition, absences, expected date of return to class, make up, etc. See Campus Directory: http://www.ncsu.edu/directory/.
- If unable to contact instructors, students or designated individuals should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check with Academic Advisor about schedule revisions needed i.e. number of credits, course section (times/days), distance education options, etc.
- Degree students should contact the Department/College about late drops before contacting the Counseling Center (919-515-2423).
- Non-degree students should contact the Non-Degree Study program at the Department of Registration and Records (919-515-2572).
Does your Instructor need academic assistance from the Disability Services Office (e.g. note taking provisions in the classroom, testing service or assistance, etc.)?
Communicate first with your Course Instructors to find out what resources or assistance are available. http://www.ncsu.edu/directory/. The instructor will send you to the DSO if needed. If the professor and/or department is unable to provide accommodation, student contacts DSO, email@example.com. DSO Staff will confirm student’s needs and work with professor to ensure student has access without risking academic integrity of the course. DSO Staff may request medical documentation including diagnosis, expected duration of condition, treatment, and limitations e.g. hospital discharge summaries, doctor’s notes, etc.
- DSO Staff will email student requesting they register via the Online Portal:
- DSO Staff will generate a Temporary Services Agreement and share with professor and student