Copies of Slides,Overheads, Etc. When Available, Prior to Class if Possible
In the event that the course design does not include the provision of salient points of the lecture in another format, an accommodation will need to be established which responds to this design. This may include copies of lecture notes, overheads, power point presentations (provided prior to lecture), and access to notes provided by a volunteer. Assistive Technology may also be used to facilitate note-taking.
- If copies of lecture notes, overheads, power point presentations are available:
- Place in the learning management system (course shell) for all students or for the student that made the request.
- Provide via email to all students or to the individual student.
- Provide a hard copy of overheads, power point presentations (prior to lecture).
- If desired, you may have the student sign an Agreement for Receiving Course Lecture Materials before receiving copies of your lecture notes/slides/overheads.
- Only make an announcement for a volunteer if it is requested by the student. Please keep the student’s identity confidential. During the announcement, you can ask students that you need someone to share their notes to come to the front of the room after class. At that time, the student can self identify to the volunteers, discuss needs, select a volunteer, and determine the process to get the notes copied in a format that works for the student.
- If a volunteer cannot be found after two announcements, please ask the student to contact DSO.
- Inform your instructor if you would like copies of the slides/overheads, an anonymous announcement made to recruit a volunteer, or if you are using audio recording technology.
- Obtain assistive technology and/or carbonless notebooks from the DSO front desk to give to your volunteer note takers, if desired.
- Meet with volunteer note takers after class to determine the process to get the notes copied or provide a carbonless notebook and contact information (exchange email addresses). Provide additional note-taking paper to the volunteer as needed.
- In the event of notetaker absense, always carry back up methods such as note taking paper, recorder, etc.
- If requested, sign a DSO Agreement for Receiving Course Lecture Materials and bring the form to the Instructor.
- If requested by the instructor, sign a DSO Agreement for Recording Lectures and Discussions for any course in which a recording device will be utilized and return it to the instructor.
- Contact your instructor and the DSO if you have any questions or concerns.
- Supply carbonless notebooks for the student to give to the volunteer.
- Supply assistive technology and training