Arranging Test Proctoring With the DSO
If no space is available within the department, an instructor can set up test proctoring services through the DSO.
To set up the test proctoring option through the DSO:
- Log into the Professor Portal to review the Accommodation Letter (specifically the testing accommodations).
- After discussing accommodations with the student, click “Confirm” to allow the student to schedule tests with the DSO. Do not do so if the student will test elsewhere.
- Review accommodation information for each student that books a test at the DSO.
- Enter the class-test information into the online portal for each test / final exam on the syllabus. The listings are valid for each student in that section for whom you have confirmed receipt of the accommodation letter.
- Upload the test to the secure server at least one business day in advance of the test.
- Contact the Testing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
See the Testing Information For Instructors page for more detailed information on setting up testing at the DSO.
Testing for Distance Education courses: The Disability Services Office does not provide testing space for Distance Education courses. Instead, students will make arrangements through the DELTA testing service. Students must download and send a copy of the accommodation letter via e-mail to Distance Education at email@example.com , notify DELTA that they wish to schedule your tests with accommodations and specify which accommodations they wish to use.
Items of Note
- Students are able to make reservations even if the course instructor has not yet created a listing for the test / final exam. Many instructors wait to create a listing until the test itself was ready, and, since we often fill up weeks in advance (earlier for particularly busy times), another option was needed. This way, students are able to make reservations early in the semester and the instructor will be able to view and edit the reservations as needed. Students who make reservations that are not in good-faith are subject to academic integrity rules.
- Students must make reservations more than three business days before the test date. Students who do not make reservations at least three business days prior to the test date will need to contact their instructors to discuss what, if any options are available for receiving their accommodations outside the DSO testing spaces.
- Multiple test files will need to be uploaded one at a time or combined into a zip file before uploading. The development team is working on a fix for this.