Transition Information

The Disability Services Office is committed to helping students with disabilities and their parents make a smooth transition from high school to the university. First, it is helpful to understand that the laws governing a university education are different from those governing K-12 and so is the accommodation process. Students with disabilities who received accommodations in high school should be aware that universities do not necessarily provide the same accommodations set forth in their IEP or 504 Plan.

Transition Video

Office for Civil Rights Letter to Parents

Transition of Students With Disabilities To Postsecondary Education:
A Guide for High School Educators

Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education:
Know Your Rights and Responsibilities