Spelling Aid for In-class Use and Tests
Spelling aids include spell check, electronic spelling aids, word bank, vocabulary lists, etc. Spelling aids are for in-class writing assignments and tests. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Allow the student to use a spelling aid when spelling is not an essential course requirement.
- For the student to test at the DSO, it may be necessary for the instructor to be flexible about when the student takes the test for various reasons, such as DSO space or staff availability.
- Contact the DSO to request to borrow a spelling aid.
- Any test scheduling conflicts should be addressed with the instructor and resolved well in advance of the test.
- Provide equipment for use during tests and in-class assignments.