A scribe writes what the student says, word for word, on a test or exam. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide a scribe at the department or schedule testing through the DSO.
- For the student to use a scribe at the DSO, it may be necessary for the instructor to be flexible about when the student takes the test for various reasons DSO space or scribe availability.
- Meet with the instructor to determine whether the test will be at the department or at the DSO.
- Any test scheduling conflicts should be addressed with the instructor and resolved well in advance of the test.
- Hire and pay a scribe when given at least one week advanced notice and space is available.