Audio Description is the insertion of audio explanations and descriptions of key visual elements in films, TV, and other media. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Choose DVDs and videos that include audio description. A catalog is available.
- To obtain DVDs and videos that include audio description for class use, contact Darby Orcutt at DH Hill Library.
- When using a DVD or video that has audio description, or when showing a described TV program, check with the technical staff in your college or department in advance about the use of the equipment (i.e. how to turn on the audio descriptions).
- If a described version is not available, your academic department will be responsible for covering the cost of live description. Contact Arts Access for more information.
- Contact your instructor and your DSO service provider immediately if course DVDs and videos are not described.
- If the description is done live, contact the instructor and the DSO immediately to report absence or other problems.
- Repeated failure to report your absence to the DSO could result in loss of services.